Termination of a lease must be made in writing, and the notice must be received by us no later than the 1. before the end of office hours, in order that the termination notice can be calculated from the same date. It is of no significance that the termination is sent by mail, registered mail, mail or by fax.
There is not any formal requirement for the termination, but if you inform us of your customer number or address on the lease, it is easier for us to record the information.
In addition, it should be apparent from the termination, per when the termination is desired,the name of the person or persons signing the termination should be clearly stated and, where appropriate, information on the contact person, telephone number, mail address, contact time point and similar information.
If you are a company, we would also very much like to see evidence that it is the person or the authorized signatories, who signed the termination.
Confirmation of termination
We record the termination in our management system, and we will send a written confirmation within four working days following receipt. The confirmation will include at least the following:
- Confirmation that we have received the termination
- moving out day, that is, the day, you no longer are liable for the payment of rent, etc.
- What condition the lease must be delivered in
- Contact information of the person who is responsible for overseeing the move at DAES
- A Message requesting that all keys to the lease must be delivered
- A message requesting that the meter reading must be done in connection with moving out.
- A message requesting that any new tenants must on an ongoing basis have access to inspect the lease.
Annexed to the confirmation of termination we shall forward a form, which we very much would liked returned, where you are asked to provide information about the new address as well as information on registration and account number to the bank, any moving out balance can be transferred to.
We would, of course, like to re-let the lease as soon as possible, and you will therefore shortly after the termination be contacted by one of our rental employees who will come and inspect the lease.