Application for subletting
As a tenant you have the right to sublet your whole apartment or one or more rooms. If you want to sublet your apartment you must complete and sign this form and send to us within 1½ month before the sublease period. We have some conditions that has to be fulfilled in order to get approval of the application:
- You must be able to provide documentation that your subletting is temporary and is due to illness, business travels, deployment, studying abroad or similar.
Documentation is for example a fixed-term employment contract, doctor's note, or agreement of study visit.
- The duration of subletting must not exceed 2 years (without interruption).
- You must have a written contract for a temporary subletting period with the person to whom you are subletting your apartment or room (your tenant).
- You must send a copy of the subletting contract accompanied by this form to DEAS prior to subletting.
- DEAS must receive the application at least 1 1⁄2 month prior to subletting.
- If you wish to sublet only parts of your apartment, you cannot sublet more half of the habitable rooms in the apartment. Furthermore, the number of residents in the apartment must not exceed the number of habitable rooms.
- The person to whom you are subletting cannot take over the tenancy when the subletting is over, regard- less of whether you want to end the lease or not.
- As a tenant, you are responsible for rent payment, adherence to the rules, and that the apartment is not neglected.